Man Lights Cigarette and Catches His Oxygen Tube on Fire

12 11 2007

LAKE CARMEL, N.Y. (AP)  — A man hooked to an oxygen tank in his Putnam County home seriously burned his face when he tried to light a cigarette. 

Kent Police say 65-year-old Frank Covone of Lake Carmel is in the Westchester Medical Center burn unit following the
1 p.m. accident at his home on Cottage Road yesterday.

Police Sgt. Ronald Yeager says Covone needs oxygen to breath. He had a tube in his nose when he decided to smoke. The match exploded the oxygen tube.

Yeager says a health aide in the house saw a flash and heard Covone call out. She called 911.

Police Covone’s chair was burned but Lake Carmel firefighters prevented serious damage to the house.

Advertisements

Actions

Information

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: